In the tradition of mercy, inspiring minds, growing in christ.
At St John's, to achieve our Mission we:
- Uphold Christ’s commandment and St John’s Motto to “Love one Another” inspiring a caring ethos which is expressed in relationships within and beyond St John’s school
- Promote the dignity, self-esteem and full development of each person
- Are respectful of, and engage with people of all beliefs; encouraging the religious development of all
- Our policies and practices are embedded in the Gospel and Mercy values of respect, love, compassion, service, truth, courage and justice
- Provide a high quality, rounded education for all, so that they develop their full uniqueness and potential
- Develop a climate of joy, freedom, respect, challenge, co-operation and celebration
- Work to build a community of faith, service, sacrament, prayer and worship
- Focus on the intellectual, physical, spiritual, moral, social and emotional growth of all
- Encourage a spirit of charity, social justice, stewardship, global awareness and concern for others, leading to practical outreach and partnerships
- Promote a culture of tolerance where people of diverse identities are recognised, welcomed and respected
- Support the preparation of pupils to lead fulfilling and purposeful lives.